PPPoE stands for Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet. It is a network protocol used for sharing the internet connection between multiple computers that are connected to a local area network. If you wish to configure the PPPoE connection for your Netgear wireless router, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Step 1:Turn on the Netgear router and the computer first.
- Step 2:Connect your computer to the wireless network and open the web browser.
- Step 3:Type the Netgear router’s IP address in the URL and log in to the Netgear configuration page.
- Step 4:For Netgear routers, the default username is “admin,” and the default password is “password” for logging in to the Netgear configuration page.
- Step 5:Navigate to the Advanced tab and select Advanced Setup --> IPv6.
- Step 6:On the IPv6 screen, select PPPoE from the Internet Connection Type list.
- Step 7:Now, the Netgear router will automatically detect the router’s IPv6 address on both the WAN and LAN interface.
- Step 8:For the ISP connection, type your email address and its password in the Login and Password field.
- Step 9:If your ISP has given a service name, type it in the Service Name field. Else, leave the Service Name field blank.
- Step 10:Choose either Use DHCP Server or Auto Configuration option to specify the method for assigning the IPv6 addresses.
- Step 11:Make sure to select the Use This Interface ID checkbox and specify the interface ID for the IPv6 address.
- Step 12:After configuring the above settings, click the Apply button.
Carry out these steps to configure PPPoE for your Netgear router using the Netgear Genie: