NO INTERNET AFTER ROUTER RESET
Usually, when you reset the router, all the customized settings, including Wi-Fi name (SSID), wireless security, etc. will be erased.Some routers such as Linksys, have the Backup and Restore configuration feature. Using this feature, you can save a backup file of the Linksys router configuration before resetting it. You don’t have to manually re-configure the Linksys router after resetting it, instead just restore the backup file.
To save the backup file before resetting the Linksys router, follow the instructions given below.
Steps to set Backup configuration
- Step 1:Open a web browser on your system.
- Step 2:Sign in to the Linksys router’s web-based setup page using its IP address.
- Step 3:Now the login pop-up dialog box will appear on the screen.
- Step 4:Type your Linksys router’s credentials in the given field and click the Login button.
- Step 5:If you have not changed the default username and password of the Linksys router, then enter the default credentials in the given fields.
- Step 6:The default password of the Linksys router is admin. The username field is to be left blank.
- Step 7:Now the Linksys router setup page will open.
- Step 8:Navigate to the Administrator option.
- Step 9:The Management sub-tab will open.
- Step 10:Locate the Backup and Restore column, click Backup Configuration.
- Step 11:Now the File Download pop-up dialog box will appear, click the Save button on it.
- Step 12:You will be asked to choose the folder or location to save the backup file.
- Step 13:Select the location and click the Save button in the Save As pop-up dialog box.
Perform the below steps after resetting your Linksys router.
Steps to set Restore configuration
- Step 1:Refer to the above steps to reach the Management sub-tab.
- Step 2:On the Management page, navigate to the Backup and Restore column. Click the Restore Configuration button beside Backup Configuration.
- Step 3:Select the location where you have saved the backup file and click the Open button.
- Step 4:After selecting the backup file, click the Start to Restore button. Now the restoration process begins automatically.
- Step 5:After the restoration, check if the internet access is available.
- Step 6:If you are not able to access the Internet, reboot the modem and the router.
- Step 7:For more solutions and assistance, contact our technical experts.