Carry out these steps to resolve the connection issue between the PS4 and the Wi-Fi router:
- Step 1:Primarily, check whether the PlayStation Network is offline.
- Step 2:Restart the Wi-Fi router as well as the modem to check the internet connectivity to solve PS4 cannot connect to router.
- Step 3:Also, restart your PS4 and connect to the wireless network using the correct Wi-Fi password.
- Step 4:Place the PS4 near the Wi-Fi router to avoid network traffic.
- Step 5:In most cases while solving PS4 cannot connect to router issue, the wireless connection problem is due to improper DNS settings on the PS4. Therefore, change the DNS settings if necessary.
- Step 6:It is recommended to connect the PS4 to the Wi-Fi router using a standard Ethernet cable to access high-speed internet connectivity.
- Step 7:If the problem persists, update the system software in safe mode for PS4.
- Step 8:If you aren’t able to perform the software update, reset the PS4 to its default settings and try connecting to your wireless network to solve PS4 cannot connect to router.