HOW TO FIX RANGE EXTENDER NOT CONNECTING TO A ROUTER?
Most of us might have encountered the range extender not connecting to a router issue after configuring the extender for the first time. If you’re also encountering the same, then you have reached the right page to resolve it.
- Step 1:Ensure that you have configured your range extender as per the instructions. To confirm it, recheck the configuration.
- Step 2:For wired connection: If you have connected your extender to the router over a wired network, then make sure that the cable is connected securely. If not, connect the cable securely.
- Step 3:For wireless connection: Make sure that your range extender is placed within the router’s range.
Solution 1: Block or Disable MAC on your router’s control panel
- Step 1:Some router’s MAC filtering and other special settings may block the extender. So, block the MAC filtering and the other settings on your router’s control panel.
- Step 2:To do so, go to your router’s control panel first.
- Step 3:Next, click the MAC Filtering tab and disable it.
- Step 4:Similarly, block all other special settings that might block the extender.
Now, try to connect your range extender to the router.
Solution 2: Check the extender’s URL
- Step 1:If you encounter the range extender not connecting to a router issue, then check you have entered its URL correctly or not.
- Step 2:If not, re-enter the URL address correctly and then try to access your extender’s login page.
Solution 3: Update Firmware
- Step 1:Check if your range extender’s firmware is up-to-date.
- Step 2:If not, update it and then check if this issue is resolved.
Solution 4: Power cycle your extender
- Step 1:If this issue persists, then power cycle your range extender.
- Step 2:To do so, disconnect the power cable from the extender.
- Step 3:Leave the extender disconnected from the power source for a few seconds and then reconnect it into the power outlets.
- Step 4:Now, try to connect the extender to your router.
- Step 5:If the issue persists, perform the next solution given below.
Solution 5: Reset your range extenders
- Step 1:Using a paper clip or pin, press the Reset button on your extender’s control panel.
- Step 2:Once the extender has been restored, reconfigure its settings from the beginning.
In most cases, the reset process will fix range extender not connecting to a router issues.