Solved: Router 5ghz Wireless Network Disappears
Many users prefer a wireless network connection to access the web. If your router 5ghz wireless network disappears suddenly, it would be frustrating. You don't have to worry about it because it is a common issue that many users experience.
Causes For The 5GHz Wireless Network To Disappear
- Step 1:Disable SSID broadcast
- Step 2:Disabled WLAN AutoConfig
- Step 3:Interfering devices
- Step 4:Outdated, corrupted, or missing Wi-Fi driver
To resolve the router 5ghz wireless network disappears problem, proceed with the following simple troubleshooting steps.
Enable The Wi-Fi
- Step 1:Navigate to the Windows taskbar and click the Network icon.
- Step 2:Turn on the Wi-Fi option if it is not enabled.
- Step 3:Note: If you don't have this shortcut to turn on the Wi-Fi feature, enable it from Open Network and Sharing Center.
Enable WLAN AutoConfig Service
- Step 1:On your Windows computer’s keyboard, press the Win and R keys together.
- Step 2:Once the Run box appears on the screen, type services.msc and press the Enter key.
- Step 3:When the Services window opens, search for the WLAN AutoConfig service and right-click it.
- Step 4:Select the Properties option and click the Start button.
- Step 5:Also, click the Startup type drop-down menu and choose the Automatic option.
- Step 6:Save the altered settings and restart the computer.
- Step 7:Check if the 5GHz wireless network disappears. If yes, proceed further.
Relocate The Router
- Step 1:Keep your router away from interfering objects like microwave ovens, cordless phones, Bluetooth speakers, and so on.
- Step 2:Adjust the antennas in the correct direction.
Power Cycle Your Router
- Step 1:Once you turn off your router, disconnect its power cable.
- Step 2:Wait for a minute and reconnect the power cable to the router’s rear port.
- Step 3:Power up the router. Again, if the 5GHz wireless network disappears, continue with the steps given here.
Update Your Router’s Firmware
- Step 1:Download the latest firmware version of your router.
- Step 2:Access your router’s web page using its IP address, username, and password.
- Step 3:Navigate to the Firmware Update page.
- Step 4:Browse the downloaded firmware file and select it.
- Step 5:Click the Update button to start the firmware update process.
- Step 6:Once done, the router reboots automatically. If it does not, manually restart the router by holding the Power button for about 10 seconds.
Reset Your Router
- Step 1:Locate the Reset or Restore Factory Default button on the router’s rear panel and press it.
- Step 2:Hold this button for about 15 seconds.
- Step 3:Note: You can use sharp pointing objects like a paper clip.
- Step 4:Configure the router settings again.
- Step 5:Reestablish the connection between the router and your computer.
- Step 6:Mostly, this will resolve the router 5ghz wireless network disappears issue. For more assistance, contact our technical experts.