How To Fix Router Dns Server Unavailable?
If you receive an alert message saying Your DNS server is unavailable or similar to it, then it means something isn’t working properly on your router. Now, let’s see how to resolve the Router Dns Server Unavailable issue by performing few simple and quick methods.
Method 1: Reset your router
- Step 1:As soon as you encounter this issue, reset your router.
- Step 2:This method will help you to resolve the DNS server unavailable issue easily.
- Step 3:Reset your router either by pressing the Reset button or by disconnecting and reconnecting the router’s power cable from the electrical outlet.
- Step 4:Once the router is reset, check if the DNS server issue is resolved.
- Step 5:If not, try the next method.
Method 2: Uninstall the security application
- Step 1:If you’re using a Windows computer, then by default, you will have the Windows Defender security application. In addition to it, if you have installed one more security application that is incompatible with your computer, then you might get a DNS alert message.
- Step 2:To resolve this issue, uninstall the incompatible security application from your computer.
- Step 3:Once the security application is uninstalled, check if the router’s DNS server unavailable issue is resolved.
Method 3: Run the Windows Network Troubleshooter
- Step 1:Click the Start button.
- Step 2:In the search field, type the Network Troubleshooter keyword and tap the Enter button.
- Step 3:From the list of suggestions, select the Network Troubleshooter option.
- Step 4:Perform the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
Method 4: Reset the TCP/IP protocol
- Step 1:You can reset the TCP/IP protocol using the netsh command.
- Step 2:Open the Command Prompt application.
- Step 3:Run the netsh int ip reset command.
Method 5: Flush the DNS server
- Step 1:Open Run and type cmd.exe to open Command Prompt.
- Step 2:In the Command Prompt window, type and run the following commands:
- Step 3:ipconfig /flushdns
- Step 4:ipconfig /release
- Step 5:ipconfig /renew
- Step 6:exit
- Step 7:Check if the router DNS server unavailable issue has been resolved or not.
- Step 8:If not, contact us.