Router Error Code 1 - [SOLVED]
The router error code 1 is probably caused by some router module when it becomes dead due to wrong settings. So it is recommended to reset your device to its default settings. Resetting a router is so simple and we have explained the steps to reset a router on this page.
Step 1: Resetting A Router To Fix Error Code 1:
Usually, routers can be reset using the physical Reset button on the router or from the router’s web-based setup page. Here we have explained the steps to reset the router using the Reset button. Note: Resetting the router to factory defaults will erase all the network settings you have configured on it.
- STEP 1 : Initially, to reset your router to factory defaults, keep it turned on. If your router is not turned on, then turn it on first.
- STEP 2 : Now, locate the Reset button on your router’s panel. In most of the router models, you can find the Reset pinhole at the rear panel of the router. In some routers, you will have the Reset/WPS button.
- STEP 3 : Now, you have to press the Reset button and then hold it for around 10 seconds. This might vary depending on your router model. So, you can refer to your router’s user manual for the exact time duration to hold the reset button.
- STEP 4 :If your router has a Reset pinhole, then use a paper clip to press the Reset button.
- STEP 5 : Once you press the Reset button, you will notice the router reboot once or multiple times.
This will reset the router to default settings and fix the router error code 1. If the error code is still not fixed, then update your router’s firmware.
Step 2: Update The Router Firmware:
STEP 1 : Connect your router to a computer.
STEP 2 : Open a browser and navigate to the router’s web-based setup page. For this, you need to know your router’s IP address, admin username, and password.
STEP 3 : Access the option to update the router firmware. Make sure to download the router firmware from the official site of your router manufacturer.
Now, check if the router error code 1 has been fixed. If not, get assistance from our technical expert.