HOW TO FIX ROUTER NO WPS BUTTON?
Most of the latest routers have the WPS feature enabled by default and there will be a router no WPS button on the router’s panel. In some routers, the WPS option is disabled. In that case, you need to enable it manually. Using the WPS button, you can connect your device to the wireless network easily.
Now, if your router supports WPS, but doesn’t have the WPS button, then you can enable WPS from the router’s web-based setup page. The steps for this are as follows:
- Step 1:Initially, connect your router to a computer using an Ethernet cable.
- Step 2:On your computer, go to the router’s web-based setup page using a web browser.
- Step 3:You have to enter the router’s admin username and password to log into the setup page.
- Step 4:On the setup page, navigate to the Advanced settings page and locate the WPS option. In some routers, the WPS option might be present under the Wireless menu.
- Step 5:Now, click on the radio button or checkbox beside the WPS option to enable it on your router.
- Step 6:Immediately, if you press the WPS button on your wireless device, it will get connected to the router no WPS button.
In case the router doesn’t support WPS, then you need to try the alternative method to connect the device to the wireless network.
The section below explains how to connect a Wi-Fi extender 300 to a router that doesn’t support WPS.
STEP 1: SET UP EXTENDER
- Step 1:First, place the extender within the range of the router.
- Step 2:Next, connect the extender into an electrical outlet and turn it ON.
STEP 2: CONNECTING COMPUTER TO THE EXTENDER
- Step 1:You can connect your PC to the extender either wirelessly or using an Ethernet cable.
STEP 3: WEB-BASED CONFIGURATION
- Step 1:Now, open a web browser on your computer.
- Step 2:Type the extender’s IP address in the browser’s search field.
- Step 3:On the extender’s sign-in dialog box, enter your credentials and click Login. On the extender’s web access page, click the Start button.
- Step 4:Make sure to select your wireless network when prompted. And, you can use the same SSID and password, as your wireless router, for the extender.
- Step 5:Complete the extender setup process by following the on-screen instructions to setup router no WPS button.
- Step 6:Once the setup process has been completed, click the Finish button on the setup wizard's last page.
To get remote assistance on the same, contact us.