ISSUE: ROUTER NOT GETTING INTERNET FROM MODEM
You might have set up your wireless router without leaving anything behind, but somehow, the router doesn’t get connected to the Internet through the modem. This is a peculiar situation where you can’t find the exact cause of the issue. If you are stuck because of this issue, then this page will help you to resolve the issue router not getting internet from modem by performing the simple troubleshooting steps.
Solution 1: Check your Internet status
- Step 1:Check whether your modem is connected to the Internet.
- Step 2:If not, contact your ISP to resolve it.
- Step 3:Connect the modem to a stable Internet and check if the issue router not getting internet from modem is resolved.
Solution 2: Check the Connection Settings
- Step 1:If you have connected your modem to the router over an Ethernet cable, make sure that the cable is connected from the router's Internet port to the modem.
- Step 2:If you have connected the cable wrongly, then reconnect it correctly.
- Step 3:Now, check if the router gets the Internet connection from the modem.
- Step 4:If not, try the next solution.
Solution 3: Disable DHCP
- Step 1:Check if you have enabled the DHCP server on your router. If the DHCP server is enabled, then disable it because sometimes this server may block your router from connecting to the Internet.
- Step 2:After disabling DHCP, try to connect your router to the modem.
Solution 4: Restart your modem and router
In most cases, restarting the devices will resolve the common network connection issues.
- Step 1:Remove the power cables from your modem and router while they are turned ON.
- Step 2:Wait for 30 seconds. (Refer to your router and modem’s user manuals to know the exact time duration).
- Step 3:Now, reconnect the power cables to the modem and the router.
- Step 4:First, turn on the modem.
- Step 5:When all the modem lights start to blink, turn on the router.
- Step 6:Now, connect the router to the modem.
- Step 7:Check if your router is able to get connected to the Internet via the modem.
- Step 8:If not solve the issue router not getting internet from modem, perform the next solution.
Solution 5: Update your router’s firmware
- Step 1:Check if your router’s firmware is up-to-date.
- Step 2:If not, update it.
Solution 6: Reset the router
- Step 1:If the update process doesn’t resolve the issue, then reset your router.
- Step 2:By referring to your router’s manual, perform the reset process.
- Step 3:Make sure to reconfigure your router settings correctly once the router is reset.
If you need technical support in resolving this issue router not getting internet from modem, contact us.