ISSUE: ROUTER NOT WORKING AFTER POWER OUTAGE
Most of us might have encountered the issue where the router not working after power outage. Usually, after a power outage, most of the routers or electronic devices will start to work normally. In case it fails, your router will not be able to connect to the Internet. To resolve this issue, scroll down this page for the solutions.
Solution 1: Check your Internet connection
- Step 1:Initially, make sure that your modem is turned ON.
- Step 2:Now, try to connect another device to the Internet.
- Step 3:If the device gets connected, wait for some time because some router models might take more time to work normally.
- Step 4:If the other device couldn’t connect to the Internet, then the problem router not working after power outage is with the modem.
Solution 2: Check your modem
- Step 1:Check whether your modem is connected to the Internet or not.
- Step 2:If not, contact your ISP to resolve this issue.
Solution 3: Reboot your router and the modem
- Step 1:If the router is not working after the power outage, then reboot the router and the modem.
- Step 2:Unplug your modem and the router power cables.
- Step 3:Make sure to do it while they are turned ON.
- Step 4:Also, unplug the network switch cables from both the router and the modem.
- Step 5:Wait for 30 seconds.
- Step 6:Now, you can reconnect the power and network cables to the router and modem.
- Step 7:First, power on your modem.
- Step 8:Once all the modem lights are lit up, turn on your router and connect it to the modem.
- Step 9:Now, check if your router could get connected to the Internet and works properly.
- Step 10:If not fix the issue of the router not working after power outage, try the next solution.
Solution 4: Update the router firmware
- Step 1:The outdated router firmware could also cause this issue. So, check whether your router’s firmware is up-to-date.
- Step 2:If not, update it and then check if the router works.
Solution 5: Reset your router
If all the above solutions had failed to resolve the “router not working” issue, then reset the router. To do so, follow the simple instructions given below.
- Step 1:Locate the Reset button on your router.
- Step 2:Now, using a paperclip, press and hold the Reset button for 30 seconds (to know the exact time duration, refer to your router’s user manual).
- Step 3:Once your router has been reset, re-configure its settings from the beginning.
- Step 4:Now, your router will start working.
For any other queries or assistance, click the Call button available on this page to resolve the router not working after power outage issue.