Steps To Enable Router Schedule Internet Access
You can allow or restrict internet access to the device connected to your router’s network. The steps to enable router schedule internet access on some of the well-known routers are provided on this page.
The Schedule configuration feature is used to manage the schedule rules for a firewall. It helps to set a time restriction for the firewall filter to take effect. The steps for the same are as follows.
- Step 1:Open a browser on your computer.
- Step 2:Type your D-Link router’s IP address in the address bar.
- Step 3:Press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Step 4:Note: By default, the router's IP address is 192.168.0.1.
- Step 1:Enter admin in the User Name field.
- Step 2:Leave the Password field empty.
- Step 3:Once you click OK, you can access the D-Link router’s web interface page.
- Step 1:Navigate to the Tools tab.
- Step 2:Click the Schedules tab in the left panel.
- Step 1:In the main panel, fill the Name field with your schedule name.
- Step 2:Go to the Day(s) field and select the checkbox next to the All Week option. Or else, choose the time format.
- Step 3:To have the rule active for 24 hours, select the All Day 24hrs checkbox.
- Step 4:If you have not enabled the All Day 24hrs option, you have to customize the start time and end time.
To save the created schedule, click the Save Settings button.
Enabling the router schedule internet access will disable the internet access for your wireless devices (that are connected to the Netgear router’s network) during the specified period. To know how to enable the Access Schedule feature, refer to the following simple steps.
Launch the Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome web browser.
- Step 1:Access the router’s login page.
- Step 2:Enter your email address and password in the Email and Password field.
- Step 3:Click the Log In button.
When you see the Netgear genie page on the screen, click the Do More tab followed by the Access Schedule tab in the left panel.
- Step 1:In the main panel, select the radio button beside the Access Schedule option.
- Step 2:Navigate to the Days drop-down menu. Choose Every Day, Select Days, Weekdays Only, or Weekend Only.
- Step 3:Go to the Time drop-down menu and set the time.
- Step 1:Click the Add Time button followed by the Save button.
- Step 2:Once you have configured the settings, all the devices connected to your router will be denied access to the internet during the specified date and time frame.
On a Linksys router, the Parental Control feature restricts internet access for the users connected to the network. The steps to enable router schedule internet access on the Linksys router using the Parental Control feature are provided on this page.
Access the Linksys router’s web-based interface page.
- Step 1:Go to the Access Policy or Access Restrictions tab at the top.
- Step 2:Navigate to the Parental Controls section.
- Step 3:Select the Enabled radio button.
- Step 1:Go to the Target Devices section.
- Step 2:Click the Add button.
Choose the device that you want to restrict using the Parental Control feature and click OK.
- Step 1:Navigate to the Schedule section.
- Step 2:Go to the Block Internet Access field and click the radio button beside the Always or Specific Times option.
- Step 3:If you select Specific Times, you have to schedule the time frame in the School nights and Weekends fields.
- Step 1:To save the scheduled internet access settings, select the Save Settings option.
- Step 2:The Linksys router will block the internet access to the selected device according to the schedule.
To enable router schedule internet access, carry out the steps given here.
Access the TP-Link router’s page.
Click Advanced and navigate to Wireless -> Wireless Schedule.
Turn on the Wireless Off Time Schedule toggle.
Click the Add button and specify the duration to restrict internet access.
Once you click Save, the router restricts internet access for the specified duration.
You can schedule internet access in Belkin routers using the Parental Control feature.
Access the dashboard of the Belkin router using its IP address.
Select the Parental Internet Control option.
- Step 1:If prompted for the router password, type it in the Please enter your password field.
- Step 2:Click the Let me in button.
- Step 1:Choose the device for which you want to schedule internet access.
- Step 2:Select the Schedule Internet Access checkbox.
- Step 1:Set the time to allow internet access and click Save.
- Step 2:You can access the internet only during the specified duration. If you need remote assistance to enable router schedule internet access, click the call button.