Why My WPS light Not ON?
If the WPS light not ON your router even after connecting it to your range extender, carry out the steps on this web page.
STEP 1 : Turn off your router.
STEP 2 : Disconnect the router’s power cable from the power source.
STEP 3 : Leave the router as it is for a few seconds.
STEP 4 : Plug the router’s power cable into the power source.
STEP 5 : Power up the router and proceed with the following steps to resolve the router WPS light not turn on problem.
Note: For instance, let us consider the D-Link router.
Method 1 - Using WPS configuration
- STEP 1 : Connect the range extender to a power socket.
- STEP 2 : Check if the Status LED starts to blink in amber.
- STEP 3 : On your router, press and hold the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button for about three seconds.
- STEP 4 : If the WPS LED is not blinking, go to Method 2 for the configuration. Or else, continue with the following steps.
- STEP 5 : Within one minute of holding the WPS button on the router, press and hold the WPS button on your range extender for three seconds.
- STEP 6 : When the connection between the extender and router is established successfully, the LED on the extender turns green.
- STEP 7 : Once done, you can relocate the range extender wherever you want. But, you should place it within the range of the router.
If the issue (router WPS light not on) persists, prefer this method to set up the extender.
- STEP 1 : On your smartphone, download the D-Link QRS Mobile app and install it.
- STEP 2 : Note: You can download it from the Google Play Store (Android) or Apple App Store (iOS) app. Download the app for your router.
- STEP 3 : First, plug the range extender into a wall socket and turn it on.
- STEP 4 : Enable the Wi-Fi feature, select your extender’s name, and enter the network key.
- STEP 5 : Open the D-ink QRS Mobile app and tap the Start option followed by the Next
- STEP 6 : Select the SSID you want to extend.
- STEP 7 : When prompted, enter its Wi-Fi password.
- STEP 8 : After providing the correct network information, tap the Next
- STEP 9 : Now, type a new network name and password in the appropriate fields.
- STEP 10 : Tap the Next
- STEP 11 : Enter a new password to access the configuration page and tap Next .
- STEP 12 : Once you review the network settings, tap the Save
- STEP 13 : You can now connect to the newly created network.
- STEP 14 : Check if the router WPS light not on problem persists.
- STEP 15 : Power up the range extender.
- STEP 16 : Establish a connection between the extender and your computer using the default
- STEP 17 : Launch a browser and access the range extender configuration page.
- STEP 18 : Set your language and click the Next
- STEP 19 : Select the Extend an existing wireless network or Wi-Fi
- STEP 20 : Once you choose the network to extend, type a password in the Wi-Fi Password field and click Next .
- STEP 21 : Enter a new network name and password.
- STEP 22 : Click Next -> Save or Finish .
- STEP 23 : Wait until the range extender reboots.
- STEP 24 : Check if the Status LED stays lit.
- STEP 25 : Change the place of the range extender and connect it to the new network.
- STEP 26 : If you have any doubts about resolving the WPS light not ON issue, contact our technical support members.