How To Setup Router Behind Uverse Gateway?
The Uverse gateway, which is a modem, has a built-in router, and hence it can be used to connect all your networking devices. But the data transfer speed of the Uverse gateway is too slow. So, what you can do is, you can set up some other router to your Uverse gateway for better performance. The below steps might help you how to setup router behind Uverse gateway.
Using Netgear WNDR45000 router:
Step-1: Turn off the wireless menu of Uverse gateway
- Step 1 :You have to access the gateway’s configuration page to turn off its wireless menu. For that, connect a computer to the Uverse gateway using an Ethernet cable.
- Step 2 :Open a web browser on the computer and enter the IP address of the Uverse gateway to access its configuration page.
- Step 3 :Following that, in the Home panel, type the password and click the Submit button.
- Step 4 :If you don’t know the password, you can find the default password on the gateway’s label.
- Step 5 :In the gateway’s configuration page, click the Wireless menu in the Home panel.
- Step 6 :Under LAN, in the Wireless Interface section, choose the Disabled option for the Wireless Interface menu.
- Step 7 :Save the wireless changes of the gateway.
- Step 8 :Disconnect the gateway from the computer.
- Step 9 :Follow these steps we can execute how to setup router behind Uverse gateway.
Step-2: Enable the Bridge mode on the router
- Step 1 :Connect the LAN port of the modem to the WAN port of the router with an Ethernet cable.
- Step 2 :Connect the router’s LAN port to the computer using another Ethernet cable.
- Step 3 :Launch a browser and enter the official Netgear router login website.
- Step 4 :Enter the correct login credentials and log in to the router setup page.
- Step 5 :Click the Advanced tab and select Wireless Settings under Advanced Setup from the left pane.
- Step 6 :Tick the checkbox of Enable Bridge Mode and configure the Bridge mode settings.
- Step 7 :After it is done, save the router settings.
Step-3: Connection setup
- Step 1 :Turn off the devices and then continue the connection given below.
- Step 2 :Ensure that the gateway’s LAN port is connected to the WAN port of the router.
- Step 3 :Now, connect your devices to the LAN ports on the router.
- Step 4 :By using these steps we can execute how to setup router behind Uverse gateway.