How To Fix TP Link Router Error Code 80002?
TP-Link routers are one of the best wireless devices present at the moment. The TP-Link routers are known for their sheer speed, power, and ability to connect to multiple devices without compromising on the speed. TP-Link routers are one of the reliable sources of the Internet and there are some loyal users who would prefer TP-Link over anything else.However, there are also some issues that may pop up over time. There are times when users may face error codes triggered by the router. Since routers are a part of technology, they obviously tend to get faulty, but not all the time. This leads to different error codes. In this article, we have described the steps to solve the TP Link router error code 80002.
Method 1: Reboot Your Router
A simple reboot can be the root fix to most of these electronic devices. Here are the steps.
- Step 1:Make sure your TP-Link router is connected to the Internet.
- Step 2:Now remove the power cord from the router and the main power source.
- Step 3:Wait for 5-10 minutes and notice the router cool down.
- Step 4:After the time period, connect the power cord to the router and the main power source.
- Step 5:Try to connect the router to the Internet once it powers on; you will no longer face the TP Link Router Error Code 80002.
Method 2: Upgrade The Router Firmware
The router’s firmware plays a huge part in its performance. In this case, upgrading the router firmware is the best way to go.
Download firmware from TP-Link support page:
- Step 1:Open the default browser.
- Step 2:Log in to the official TP-Link router support page.
- Step 3:Click the Type drop-down list and select Home.
- Step 4:Select the Routers option from the next drop-down list.
- Step 5:Enter the router model number in the field given below.
- Step 6:Once the router page opens, locate and click the Firmware tab.
- Step 7:Scroll down the page and click the Firmware download button.
- Step 1:Extract the .zip file and save it in a location on your computer.
- Step 2:Open a new window in your browser.
- Step 3:Log in to the TP-Link router web management page.
- Step 4:Click the System Tools-Firmware Upgrade option on the page.
- Step 5:In the File option, click Choose File and select the downloaded firmware.
- Step 6:Click the Upgrade button.
- Step 7:Once the firmware update is complete, the TP-Link router will be reset to factory settings.
- Step 8:Click Next and finish the process.
Carry out the methods mentioned in this article, and you can easily solve the TP Link router error code 80002. If you are still facing issues, click the CALL button for further assistance.