TURN IPHONE INTO ROUTER
You can easily use your iPhone as a virtual router using the cellular data connection on it. You can also connect multiple devices to the same virtual router network until the internet connection is active.
Carry out the steps given below to Turn iPhone Into Router.
Activating Personal Hotspot on your iPhone:
- Step 1:Ensure that you have an active internet connection in your SIM network inserted in the iPhone.
- Step 2:From your iPhone, go to Settings from your home screen and select the Mobile data section.
- Step 3:Switch on Mobile Data to get access to the internet on your iPhone.
- Step 4:Go back to Settings and select the Personal Hotspot option from the list.
- Step 5:Turn on the slider to activate the mobile hotspot on your device.
- Step 6:To change the password, select Wi-Fi Password. Enter a strong password for your network using the touchscreen keypad. Then, touch Done to save the password.
- Step 7:Otherwise, go to General Settings from your iPhone and select Cellular. Then, turn on Personal Hotspot to Turn iPhone Into Router.
Connecting another device to your iPhone router:
- Step 1:You can connect to any device, either a computer or mobile device, to the existing Wi-Fi network.
- Step 2:To connect from a Windows computer, turn on Wi-Fi and enter the password you have previously set in your iPhone while activating Personal Hotspot.
- Step 3:Unlock the other device in which you are going to connect to the active wireless network.
- Step 4:Go to Wi-Fi and turn it on. Choose your network from the list and connect to the active network by entering the password.
- Step 5:For connecting an Android device to the wireless network, go to Network & Internet from settings, and choose your network and enter the password of it.
- Step 6:If the wireless network is not automatically detected, tap on the Add Network tab and enter the SSID and network key. Then, click Save to get connected to the network.
- Step 7:To connect to the wireless network from a Mac device, open System Preferences and select Network. Then, choose your network and enter the network credentials to get connected.
- Step 8:To connect from a Windows computer, click on the Wi-Fi icon at the bottom taskbar and choose your network. Click the connect button and check the box next to the Connect automatically option.
- Step 9:Then, enter the password of your network to connect to the iPhone network, which acts as a virtual router.
- Step 10:Once connected, you can surf the internet from the connected device through the wireless network.
- You can contact our technical experts if you have no idea about how to Turn iPhone Into Router.