Unable To Ping Router From Pc
You can ping the other devices like computers and routers on the same network to check the connectivity. Check out the tips below to fix the issue if you are unable to ping router from PC.
Disable the security settings
- Step 1 :Check if the antivirus program and the firewall settings on the PC are preventing the ping action.
- Step 2 :In that case, turn off the firewall facility and the Antivirus program on the computer.
- Step 3 :If you cannot disable the third-party Antivirus program, then uninstall or remove the program from the system.
- Step 4 :Now, try to ping the router again.
Check the router settings
- Step 1 :Launch the web browser application and enter the router’s login page.
- Step 2 :Enter the username and password to access the router setup page.
- Step 3 :Once the router page opens up, check if the network settings and the internet settings are correct.
- Step 4 :If everything is correct, then connect the network cable between the router and the computer.
- Step 5 :Now, the Wi-Fi router network disconnects automatically.
- Step 6 :Retry to ping the router from your PC and see if you can do it.
- Step 7 :Follow these steps we can execute that how to fix unable to ping router from pc.
Update the router firmware
- Step 1 :Using an old router firmware can also cause such ping errors on the router.
- Step 2 :Visit the official router manufacturer website from the browser window.
- Step 3 :Find the latest firmware version for the computer and go on to download it.
- Step 4 :After that, access the router configuration page and perform the firmware update manually.
- Step 5 :If the router has the automatic firmware update facility, enable it for better router performance.
Turn off VPN
- Step 1 :The VPN connection can interfere with the ping communication of the router and the computer. If you are using a VPN service on your computer, disable it and try to ping the router.
- By using these above steps we can execute that how to fix unable to ping router from pc.