Issue: Wifi Repeater Keeps Disconnecting
Wi-Fi repeater or wireless range extender is a device that allows you to extend your existing wireless signal range and strength within homes and small offices. The setup of Wi-Fi repeater is simple. If your WiFi repeater keeps disconnecting, proceed with the steps given below:
- Step 1:Incorrect router settings.
- Step 2:When too many wireless devices are connected to the main router.
- Step 3:If the repeater is placed far away from the main router.
- Step 1:As soon as your encounter, the Wi-Fi repeater keeps disconnecting issue.
- Step 2:Check if your wireless repeater is placed within the main router’s range. If not, re-locate the repeater and check whether this issue is resolved.
- Step 3:If too many wireless devices are connected to the main router, then disconnect some of them and try to connect the Wi-Fi repeater to the router.
- Step 4:Make sure that the router settings are configured correctly.
If you encounter the WiFi repeater keeps disconnecting issue with your NETGEAR Wi-Fi Extender, then carry out the following solutions to resolve it.
- Step 1:First, check if your extender is turned ON.
- Step 2:If not, turn it ON and check whether this issue has been resolved or not.
- Step 3:If the issue persists, go to your extenders GUI page. If prompted, enter your extender device credentials and click Sign In. Check if any alert notification regarding Firmware Update is displayed at the top of the screen.
- Step 4:If yes, click on it to update your extender’s firmware. If there is no alert notification, then manually check for the firmware update.
- Step 5:To do so, expand the Add WPS Client menu list and click Firmware Update > Check. If a firmware update is available, then it will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 6:After updating the firmware of your extender, reset it using a paper clip.
- Step 7:Hold down the Reset button of your extender for 30 seconds.
- Step 8:Once the extender has been reset, connect a device to it over a wireless or wired network.
- Step 9:Make sure to reconfigure the extender settings.
- Step 10:After reconfiguring the extender, check whether the wifi repeater keeps disconnecting issue has been resolved. If not, contact us.