Wireless Router Drops Internet Connection Repeatedly
In a wireless network, there might be several reasons for the internet connection dropping repeatedly. Some of the reasons are:
- Step 1:No sufficient Wi-Fi network range.
- Step 2:Overloading of your network.
- Step 3:Wrong Wi-Fi network.
- Step 4:Radio interference.
If the Wireless Router Drops Internet Connection Repeatedly, follow these steps to resolve
- Step 1:If you are using a wired/wireless router, try turning off your computer. Now, unplug the power cable from the router.
- Step 2:Wait for a minimum of 10 seconds.
- Step 3:Plug the power cable back into your router.
- Step 4:Please wait till the indicator lights on the router’s front stop blinking.
- Step 5:Now, turn on the computer.
- Step 6:Test your computer’s internet connection. Check if it is stable.
In case the steps mentioned above do not work, try the following:
- Step 1:Please contact your wireless provider.
- Step 2:Your wireless provider might provide a replacement that is free of charge.
- Step 3:Else, you can buy a new router. Before the purchase, ensure your new router is compatible with your Wi-Fi service.
For example, consider a Linksys router. Two reasons why the internet connection drops are:
Low signal quality from the Linksys router:
- Step 1:Boost your wireless signal by placing the Linksys router in the center of your house.
- Step 2:Else, keep the router in a place that is free from any obstacles blocking its range.
- Step 3:Now, check the signal strength that your wireless adapter receives. For Mac users, it is the AirPort.
- Step 4:For a Windows user, the signal strength indicator comes along with the SSID or wireless network name. SSID stands for Service Set Identifier.
- Step 5:To have the best connection, users recommend that the signal strength must be closest to full bars.
Router and adapter settings might be mismatched:
- Step 1:The Wireless-N routers have to be paired with Wireless-N adapters. Similarly, you have to pair the Wireless-G routers to the Wireless-G adapters.
- Step 2:Please set the wireless network mode to Mixed if there is a mix of Wireless-N and Wireless-G routers.
- If the Wireless Router Drops Internet Connection Repeatedly,You can contact our technical experts .