How To Do WPS Setting On Router?
Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) is a wireless connection method that lets you connect WPS-supported devices such as printers, mobile phones, streaming devices, etc., to your wireless router without the need for the network credentials. Here we describes the methods to do WPS setting on router.
- 1. Using the WPS button
- 2. Using the WPS PIN of the device
- 3. Using the router's WPS PIN
The WPS button is usually located either on the front or rear panel of your router. Therefore, before beginning the WPS setup process, locate the WPS button on your router. Note: Here, we’ll see the steps for the Linksys router. The steps might vary slightly for other router models.
Connecting A Device Using The WPS Button
Use this method if either your wireless device or the router has a physical WPS button.
- 1. Find and press the WPS button on your router.
- 2. Alternatively, you can access your router's web-based setup page and enable WPS.
- 3. To go to your router's setup page, open a web browser on your computer connected to the router and enter "192.168.1.1" in the address bar.
- 4. On the login page, enter the router credentials to log in to the setup page.
- 5. Click the Wireless tab and then click the Wi-Fi Protected Setup radio button in the Basic Wireless Settings section.
- 6. Now, click the virtual WPS button to enable WPS. It's a vital part for WPS setting on router
Use this method if your wireless device prompts for the router's WPS PIN to establish the connection.