Xfinity Router Setup
Wi-Fi routers have now become essential for every individual house for accessing the Internet. The Xfinity routers are known well for their performance and serving every home with seamless Wi-Fi connectivity. If you have the Xfinity router in your house and need assistance in performing the Xfinity Router Setup, we will guide you through the step-by-step process.
Placing the Xfinity router:
- Step 1:Before you begin, identify the center spot of your house to cover the nook and corner.
- Step 2:In case you need Wi-Fi at your favorite spot, place the router at your desired place.
- Step 3:Remove any wireless gadgets near your router to reduce Wi-Fi interference.
- Step 1:Start by connecting your Xfinity router to an electrical outlet using the supplied power cord.
- Step 2:Plug the coaxial cable into the correct port on your router. Make sure to plug the other end into a cable wall outlet.
- Step 3:If you have an Xfinity telephone, connect it to one of the Tel ports of the router.
- Step 4:Next, connect your router and computer using a standard Ethernet cable.
- Step 5:Turn on the Xfinity router and wait for the LEDs to light up.
Activating the Xfinity Internet service:
- Step 1:On your computer, close all the running apps and launch the default browser.
- Step 2:Go to the Xfinity activation page and follow the on-screen instructions to activate your router.
- Step 3:Once the activation is complete, reboot your router and reconnect your computer to it.
- Step 4:This time, you can connect your computer to router Wi-Fi.
Activating Xfinity router using the Xfinity app:
- Step 1:You can activate the Internet service using the Xfinity app on your mobile device.
- Step 2:The app is available in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
- Step 3:Once you have downloaded the Xfinity app, launch it and sign in with your Xfinity ID and password.
- Step 4:If you don’t have one yet, click on the Create one link to get a new Xfinity account.
- Step 5:You should scan the QR code or enter the MAC address manually, which is available on the router’s label.
- Step 6:Next, you should enter a name for your Wi-Fi followed by the Wi-Fi password.
- Step 7:The app will set up the Xfinity router automatically.
- Step 8:Confirm the password and reconnect your smartphone to the new router Wi-Fi.
- Step 9:You have now completed the Xfinity router setup.